cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Report Access for an Individual User

We've created a Custom report within Flexera One, and we need to share this within Flexera with 2 other users, however we don't want to give access to any other reports within the workspace to one of the accounts.  We would like to know if it is possible to lock down permissions so that when the user account accesses Flexera, they only see this report.  We've tried to create a Custom role that allows Report access only but this didn't work.

• Is there any way in which a report can be "locked down" to specific users?   
  • Is there a way in which a user account can be created to run the report but not see any other content within Flexera, specifically reports but any other data - so essentially the user logs in and can navigate to the report, but sees nothing else?

Thanks,

Ant

Ant

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Only two levels of Flexera One ITAM custom report access are possible at the moment: public to all users, and private to the user who created it.

Note that even if a user can access a report, the report will only show data that they are allowed to see based on their role memberships. For example, if a report was configured to show license information but the user's role memberships did not grant the access to read license information then they report would not show data when they viewed it.

Access cannot be locked down so a user can only see reports but cannot see the other parts of the UI. For example, if a user's role memberships allow them access to view hardware asset details then they can view the parts of the UI that display hardware asset details as well as custom reports that show those same details.

You may wish to vote on the following idea which is tracking the level of interest in providing more access control options for Flexera One ITAM custom reports: ITAM-I-128: Restrict ITAM Report Folders

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Only two levels of Flexera One ITAM custom report access are possible at the moment: public to all users, and private to the user who created it.

Note that even if a user can access a report, the report will only show data that they are allowed to see based on their role memberships. For example, if a report was configured to show license information but the user's role memberships did not grant the access to read license information then they report would not show data when they viewed it.

Access cannot be locked down so a user can only see reports but cannot see the other parts of the UI. For example, if a user's role memberships allow them access to view hardware asset details then they can view the parts of the UI that display hardware asset details as well as custom reports that show those same details.

You may wish to vote on the following idea which is tracking the level of interest in providing more access control options for Flexera One ITAM custom reports: ITAM-I-128: Restrict ITAM Report Folders

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris - that confirms my thoughts based on what I tested!