cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields in All Inventory > Inventory Device Properties

Hello,

We are looking at using a business adapter to pull some specific data on assets within our ServiceNow CMDB and map them to custom fields within the Inventory Device Properties view in Flexera One. I would like to enquire if 1) is this possible and 2) where in the Inventory Device Properties can custom fields be created exactly and 3) what type of information needs to be provided to Flexera on where we would like the custom fields? We are using Flexera One ITAM.

Thank you

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. Yes, it is possible to use a business adapter to populate custom properties.

2. See this page and its child pages in the IT Asset Management System Reference for information about where custom properties can be positioned in the UI: Positioning Your Custom Control

3. The main information required to configure a custom property is:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Anyone?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

1. Yes, it is possible to use a business adapter to populate custom properties.

2. See this page and its child pages in the IT Asset Management System Reference for information about where custom properties can be positioned in the UI: Positioning Your Custom Control

3. The main information required to configure a custom property is:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks very much, Chris.