cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-cleanup of obsolete FlexNet inventory

For Auto-cleanup of obsolete FlexNet inventory, only inventory devices are cleaned or assets linked to the inventory devices are cleaned or both are cleaned.

(1) Solution
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon, I hope you're well?
Thanks for reaching out on the forums regarding your query.

From the Features by Release:
"A new setting in the Inventory tab of the System Settings page authorizes automatic cleanup of records of inventory devices that were once reporting inventory through the FlexNet inventory agent, but now have stopped reporting for your chosen period of time. The setting is in the Obsolete inventory section of the tab.

The default setting is Never, meaning that cleanup of inventory devices is not performed."
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2021R1-3/RN-new-ObsolFIACleanup.html

By default, Inventory Devices are only removed if joined to an Active Directory domain and removed from the Domain, and this Domain is inventoried by a Beacon.

The removal of the linked Inventory Device would not remove the Asset record.

Best regards,
Jack

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure exactly what "cleanup" process you're referring to here, but I think the following may address the core of your question: there is nothing built in to Flexera One ITAM that will automatically delete asset records.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
jevans
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Good afternoon, I hope you're well?
Thanks for reaching out on the forums regarding your query.

From the Features by Release:
"A new setting in the Inventory tab of the System Settings page authorizes automatic cleanup of records of inventory devices that were once reporting inventory through the FlexNet inventory agent, but now have stopped reporting for your chosen period of time. The setting is in the Obsolete inventory section of the tab.

The default setting is Never, meaning that cleanup of inventory devices is not performed."
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2021R1-3/RN-new-ObsolFIACleanup.html

By default, Inventory Devices are only removed if joined to an Active Directory domain and removed from the Domain, and this Domain is inventoried by a Beacon.

The removal of the linked Inventory Device would not remove the Asset record.

Best regards,
Jack