mdh7768
Level 3

Applications Properties History questions

Jump to solution

Can anyone help me understand why there seems to be continual linking and unlinking and why the history shows actions from unmanaged to Inactive in the attached file?

Applications & Evidence/Applications/All Applications/Application Properties

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rmiller1
Flexera
Flexera

Hi mdh7768,

In the screenshot of the application, the linking and unlinking typically represent when that specific application is discovered on a new device (link) or has been detected as being uninstalled (unlink) on a device.

In some cases, when application version updates occur and there are different applications definitions for each version, the device is seen to be unlinked from one application version and linked to another, even though the application name may stay the same. The only difference is that the version has changed.

I personally would need more info for Unmanaged/Inactive, but my thoughts are that when a device is unlinked, and it is the last installation of that software on a device, and no other installations exist, it may go from Unmanaged to Inactive (from Installed Applications to All Applications). I can't say with the data you provided. Note, all applications that are discovered will initially be in an Unmanaged state.

Hope this helps.

R.Miller

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rmiller1
Flexera
Flexera

Hi mdh7768,

In the screenshot of the application, the linking and unlinking typically represent when that specific application is discovered on a new device (link) or has been detected as being uninstalled (unlink) on a device.

In some cases, when application version updates occur and there are different applications definitions for each version, the device is seen to be unlinked from one application version and linked to another, even though the application name may stay the same. The only difference is that the version has changed.

I personally would need more info for Unmanaged/Inactive, but my thoughts are that when a device is unlinked, and it is the last installation of that software on a device, and no other installations exist, it may go from Unmanaged to Inactive (from Installed Applications to All Applications). I can't say with the data you provided. Note, all applications that are discovered will initially be in an Unmanaged state.

Hope this helps.

R.Miller

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ChrisG
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@rmiller1's thoughts on the "Action" change are right: the "Action" field changes to "Inactive" when the application is no longer recognized as installed on any inventory devices, and changes to "Unmanaged" when the application is recognized as installed if it wasn't previously recognized as installed anywhere.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
0 Kudos