cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Consumption Dilemma!

How can I convince a customer that an application is in fact NOT installed?  I've pulled evidence files which clearly shows the lack of installer or file information but am I missing something like could there be some "hidden" file I'm not seeing?  Can an application be installed somehow without Flexera being able to discover?  This is another IBM application and I am arguing with them that it is simply not there.  The consumption is less than they want it to be and when they refuse to accept the evidence files I'm lost as to what to do.  Anyone?

(1) Solution
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

It is possible for the agent to miss something. If the application doesn't have an installer and isn't run by an executable (for example a jar file) then it won't appear in the UI. 

If you take the agent out of the equation, how would the customer know the application is installed on the device? What file is run when they use the application?

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

It is possible for the agent to miss something. If the application doesn't have an installer and isn't run by an executable (for example a jar file) then it won't appear in the UI. 

If you take the agent out of the equation, how would the customer know the application is installed on the device? What file is run when they use the application?

We're doing interns troubleshooting now.   Closer review shows the 2 identified devices with no file evidence whatsoever.  Definitely a problem.  Thanks for responding!