cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent getting linked to older version after installation of new version

Hi,

I have installed Flexera agent version 18.6 after deleting older version from agent device.

But after some time, it is getting unlinked from newer version installed and getting linked to older version as I can see that in inventory device property History Tab.

Attached the snapshot.

I need to know why it is happening like this and what is the permanent solution?

(5) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer
Do you happen to have the older version set as the upgrade version in the UI on the Inventory Settings page? Do you maybe have a third party source configured to install a certain version of the agent?

As it keeps bouncing back and forth it is likely that you have different systems configured to install a certain version and they are causing the agent to upgrade and then downgrade.

Q.  Do you happen to have the older version set as the upgrade version in the UI on the Inventory Settings page?

Ans :: Yes, we updated agent from automatic agent upgrade in the UI on the inventory setting page. 

But automatic upgrade didn't happen on all the server in scope, so we are doing manually on remaining and after following installation process with all the steps this is happening. And on some machine after manual installation, agent version is downgrading from latest to the old which were present earlier.

I also deleted old evidence from machine.

If you look at installation.log for the agent, do you see it installing the older or newer version when it receives policy? I would expect to see only one version trying to be installed (it should match what you have defined in the UI). That would then mean that some other installation source in your environment is installing the other version and you would need to update that source to no longer try to install.

Hi @tjohnson1 , Thank you 

I checked in installation log but I found that there is only one agent version and that is 18.6 and no other agent is available. 

I want to know that how can I check this "That would then mean that some other installation source in your environment is installing the other version and you would need to update that source to no longer try to install".

Because in Flexera last inventory source is showing "Flexnet Manager Suit" and only one record.

Thanks 

Abhishek 

Would you be willing to share installation.log from the agent? If not, please open a support case and a member of the team can help track down the behavior.