cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tkflex
Level 3

"fatal error RC1110: could not open <vendor name>.rc"

Jump to solution

I have been following the FlexNet Publisher 2022 R2 Development Environment Guide, specifically the "First Build of the Production Licensing Toolkit" section. I have edited lm_code.h to insert our appropriate vendor keys, seeds, and TRL keys. I have also edited the makefile to change the vendor name from demo to our vendor.

When I begin compiling on Windows 10, compilation gets to the line RC -r -fo <vendor name>.res <vendor name>.rc but this step fails with "fatal error RC1110: could not open <vendor name>.rc"

Is there some preparation step I've missed? In an email from revenera I received a <vendor_name>.xml file to be placed somewhere, but I am not sure I placed it in an appropriate location.

Thanks

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @tkflex  ,

If your vendor name is different from "demo" then please edit demo.rc to "vendorname".rc .

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @tkflex  ,

If your vendor name is different from "demo" then please edit demo.rc to "vendorname".rc .

Hi @jyadav ,

This worked. Compilation completed successfully. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Is there a reason why this step is not listed with all of the other documentation in First Build of the Production Licensing Toolkit? There is explanation on how to edit lm_code.h and the makefile. Why not mentioning copying the .rc file?

0 Kudos
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @gjm123  ,

This step is mentioned in the document as "Create a resource file for your publisher-specific vendor daemon. It must be named <vendor_name>.rc, where
<vendor_name> is your vendor name as used in lm_code.h " . You can find this in development environment guide " First Build of the Production Licensing Toolkit"  .Please let me know in case of any concerns 

0 Kudos