cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peacock
Level 3

Where can I download the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" document

Jump to solution

I'm using the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version). And, I build a vendor daemon by referring to the link below, but my license features are still recognized in the virtual machine (VM).

Link: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Virtualization-platform-restriction-for-server-and/ta-p/172127 

I'd like to protect the license from the VM, but I can't find the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" reference document. Can I download the "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" document?

And, when I set the "ls_allow_vm" variable to "PHYSICAL" and run the built vendor daemon in the VM, the message is displayed as shown in the figure below. Does this message mean that "ls_allow_vm" was applied properly?

FlexNet_message_in_VM_1.jpg

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @peacock  ,

Please note that the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version) is already End of Life . You can download the  "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" from Product & License Centre .

Login to PLC -> FlexNet Licensing ->FlexNet  Publisher -> FlexNet Publisher Documentation-> FNP_Version_Doclib ( you will get the document inside it ) .

There is no message displayed to confirm that you have set ls_allow_vm or not . You can just see the value in prior that you have set before running the license manager . This message is not just inform that you can use this kit only on a physical environment and not in virtual as you do not have support for it .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(14) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @peacock  ,

Please note that the FlexNet Publisher(11.12.1.2 version) is already End of Life . You can download the  "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" from Product & License Centre .

Login to PLC -> FlexNet Licensing ->FlexNet  Publisher -> FlexNet Publisher Documentation-> FNP_Version_Doclib ( you will get the document inside it ) .

There is no message displayed to confirm that you have set ls_allow_vm or not . You can just see the value in prior that you have set before running the license manager . This message is not just inform that you can use this kit only on a physical environment and not in virtual as you do not have support for it .

0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response.

I will try again by referring to the document.

0 Kudos

Hi jyadav.

I am also trying to get "Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" document, but I am not able to find it.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi @oskar_saiz  ,

Please follow the below approach

Login to PLC -> FlexNet Licensing ->FlexNet  Publisher -> FlexNet Publisher Documentation-> FNP_Version_Doclib ( you will get the document inside it ) 

Hi jyadav.

Thanks for your quick reponse.

I'm new with this products. So I don't know what PLC is.

Is it revenera COMMUNITY?

If so I cannot find it. I select   FlexNet Publisher->Product documentation which brings me to "Products and licensing center".

From there I can download the product, but there is nothing about documentation.

Thanks again in advance for your support

0 Kudos

Hi @oskar_saiz

,PLC is nothing but "Products and licensing center" itself  , You will get a tab "FlexNet publisher documentation " as shown in the attached image just where you get the list of products to download .

Hi again, and thanks again for your support.

I'm afraid that document does not appear in my list. Please see the screenshot.

Captura.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi @oskar_saiz  ,

That's strange , Kindly raise a case with us so that We can get this fixed and also I will share the document with you .

Hi jyadav.

I've just tried to raise a new case, but the system tells me I do not have enough privileges.

It also suggests me to ask support@flexera.com to aassociate my community login account to my organization, which I've just done.

Could this be the cause of the problem?

In the meanwhile, I'd appreciate if you could share the document with me.

Thanks again for your support

0 Kudos

Hi @oskar_saiz  ,

You can share your account id , Maintenance plan ID and I will share the document with you over email .

Hi jyadav.

This is the info I have.

Account ID: MSF-xxx
Product ID: SSF-xxx

Thanks again

oskar

0 Kudos

Hi @oskar_saiz ,

Thankyou , I will do the needful 

Hi @oskar_saiz ,

This issue has been resolved for your account, you will now see the link to FlexNet Publisher Documentation in the Product and License Center.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim.

Yes, it is.

Thanks a lot

oskar

0 Kudos