Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fvideau
Level 2

What is considered as `FlexNet Publisher Versions`for compatibility

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a question about what part of the version number is to be considered as a version when talking about compatibility.

In this article: Identifying FlexNet Publisher Versions  it is said that the client library version must be superior or equal to the vendor daemon version.

I have done some tests on my side and it looks like having the library in 11.19.5 works with the daemon in 11.19.2.

If we consider the version of the FlexNet Publisher to have the following format: `{major}.{minor}.{patch}`, do only  the major and minor count for the compatibility or are there more specificity? Are there any documents giving more details about that ?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @fvideau Here you can find Version.JPG

However, it would always be good to have the latest server and client versions. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @fvideau Here you can find Version.JPG

However, it would always be good to have the latest server and client versions. 

Best Regards,

Thank you.

This is what I thought but couldn't find where the information was.

On my side I try to keep the server version up to date but on the client side it might be more complicated. They sometimes accept new software version on the user-side because there are bugfixes in our software but their IT team doesn't want to update the server since everything is working fine with the version they have (and they have products using even older FNP versions so updating only ours has no real security impact). This is why I was asking.