Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
npenneti
Level 5

Terms in Vendor Daemon Debug Log

Jump to solution

Hi, All

I'm trying to understand a vendor daemon's debug log in deep and have come across some questions with the terminology. Below are my questions, any answers would be helpful.

1. What does the term 'client request' mean in  === Last 10 Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) ===?

• Is it a license checkout or checkin request OR merely a ping request

2. What does the term 'client request' mean in  === Top 10 Peak Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) ===?

3. What does the term 'FD' mean in (user, node, FD)?

4. What does the term '#concurrent clients' mean in either=== Last 10 Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) === (OR) === Top 10 Peak Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) === ?

• is it the number of clients which are using the licenses from the license pool simultaneously (OR)
  • Is it the number of clients which are just making some sort of request (license checkout, checkin) to the server simultaneously and waiting to get a license or return a license

5. What is exactly === Active Connections Info ===?

• Is it the number of connections which are actively using the licenses simultaneously
  • Is it the number of connections made simultaneously to get or return  a license

6. What data is printed in the log if there's no license activity between the clients & server for straight 4 hours?

• Is the data from previous 4 hours license activity printed back

7. How is the data printed in the log if there are only 5 license activity entries in last 4 hours and from log it is seen data is printed for last 10 transactions?

• Is the data of last 5 entries from previous 4 hours license activity printed back

8. Is there way to see average number of licenses of a feature used per hour in a day using the debug log file (Zero Cost way)?

Attached a sampled log image: debug.png, please see for reference.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @npenneti  Please find the attached screenshot from my test Debug log.JPG

1. What does the term 'client request' mean in  === Last 10 Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) ===?

-> The connection created from the client to the server for license checkout and check-in.

What does the term 'client request' mean in  === Top 10 Peak Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) ===?

-> Again the client connection of both check-in and checkout but this time how much time is taking and which is more out of 10 requests, In this case as per the image first checkout was 14:55:53 - 4071ms whereas the last check-in was 14:58:51 only 2ms. 

->File descriptor, check LM_SERVER_HIGHEST_FD in the document. 

4. What does the term '#concurrent clients' mean in either=== Last 10 Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) === (OR) === Top 10 Peak Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) === ?

-> Yes Is it the number of clients which are just making some sort of request (license checkout, checkin) to the server simultaneously, basically a connection created between client and server? 

->Is it the number of connections made simultaneously to get or return  a license, in the example two checkouts and two check-ins so total #4 attempted (valid attempted connection)

6. What data is printed in the log if there's no license activity between the clients & server for straight 4 hours?

-> Need more test however as per my understanding it will be no history report if there was no activity after the last report. However, if any connection is made then it may report based on that time duration only from the last report completed date and time. 

7. How is the data printed in the log if there are only 5 license activity entries in last 4 hours and from log it is seen data is printed for last 10 transactions?

-> In my example only 4 activities it was recorded with in that. 

8. Is there way to see average number of licenses of a feature used per hour in a day using the debug log file (Zero Cost way)?

-> No.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
npenneti
Level 5

@mrathinam 

Request you take a look at this?

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @npenneti  Please find the attached screenshot from my test Debug log.JPG

-> The connection created from the client to the server for license checkout and check-in.

What does the term 'client request' mean in  === Top 10 Peak Client Requests Processing Time (in ms) ===?

-> Again the client connection of both check-in and checkout but this time how much time is taking and which is more out of 10 requests, In this case as per the image first checkout was 14:55:53 - 4071ms whereas the last check-in was 14:58:51 only 2ms. 

->File descriptor, check LM_SERVER_HIGHEST_FD in the document. 

-> Yes Is it the number of clients which are just making some sort of request (license checkout, checkin) to the server simultaneously, basically a connection created between client and server? 

->Is it the number of connections made simultaneously to get or return  a license, in the example two checkouts and two check-ins so total #4 attempted (valid attempted connection)

-> Need more test however as per my understanding it will be no history report if there was no activity after the last report. However, if any connection is made then it may report based on that time duration only from the last report completed date and time. 

-> In my example only 4 activities it was recorded with in that. 

-> No.

Best Regards,

Hi @mrathinam 

Thank you for the answers.

I have few further questions pertaining to your tests:

from the log it is seen that active connections at 14:56:20 are 4. But till point of time 14:56:20 only one connection (out at 14:55:53) is made, other 3 connections are at 14:56:27, 14:56:44, 14:58:51; then how are they 4 active connections attempted at 14:56:20? is there something more to understand with this timestamps?

Kishore

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @npenneti The number of concurrent clients ->

One for the connection from lmgrd to VD and one for some other internal purpose - by default two connection are used by the server side. 

So the number of connections reported is the total number of client connections (including lmflex, lmstat etc.) plus 2 for internal purposes. You can run a report and check and let me know your observations as well.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos