cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashish01
Level 5

Multiple licenses hosting on same License server

Hi Team,

I want to host 2-3 flexlm licenses with same daemon(exe file) on a same license server. I see multiple license server manager ports such as 27000,27001,27002,etc consumed by each license. When I open IP:8090(xx.xx.xx.xx:8090) on browser I see error on screen saying "No such feature or vendor does not exist:<vendor>". Is it not possible to host multiple licenses on same license server having same vendor daemon? Are vendor daemon need to be different?

Also, I used lmdown.exe to see the ports used by the licenses. Is there any better way to find out the license server manager ports of all  licenses?

Thanks

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ashish01  ,

If you try to run multiple vendor daemons with the same vendor name then you would get an error "MULTIPLE vendor servers running. Kill and restart license daemon"  as it is not allowed .

The scenarios supported are as below :

• Multiple systems, each running one license server manager, one vendor daemon, and using one or more license files.
  • One system running multiple license server managers, each managing one vendor daemon and one or more license files.
  • One system running one license server manager, that manages multiple vendor daemons, each using its own license files. License files share a common directory

You can use lmstat -a that will give you a list of running servers with their port details .

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply @jyadav 

One more question. Is there any way to deactivate flexlm node/floating license given to a customer? We have came across a scenario where we have given our product(implemented with flex license mechanism) to a customer. He shared his lmhostID for his license server and we gave him flexlm license for that hostID. Few days after his server got crashed for some reason(unrelated to flex) and they gave lmhostID for another machine on which they want to install flex license server. Now in order to give him new license we want to deactivate old license first. Is there any way to deactivate flexlm node/floating license given to a customer?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi @ashish01  ,

It cannot be deactivated  in certificate based licensing, FlexNet Publisher can represent license rights in trusted storage, a secure location on an end-user or license-server machine in which a publisher can install license rights in the form of fulfillment records. Unlike a license file, which is immutable once it is delivered to an end user, license rights in trusted storage can be updated by the publisher.

0 Kudos