cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmirnov
Level 3

Limit the number of feature uses

Hello,

Is it possible to restrict the number of feature uses with Trusted Storage-based licensing?

We'd like to allow the use of the feature only 5 times and after that it could not be used anymore. 

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@asmirnov , you might want to use the benefits of "MAX" keyword under options file. This option applies to concurrent licenses held in license files and trusted storage.

MAX num_lic feature[:keyword=value] type {name | group_name}.

For ex: MAX 5 f1 USER jan

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. I've look through the documentation about the MAX. As I understood, this keywork limits the number of license checkouts. But as it said in the documentation: "If the process that calls lc_checkout exits in any manner, then the checked-out license will be checked in". So after restart of the application the usage of the feature will be available again. We'd like to avoid this. If the limit was reached, it should be not possible to use the feature anymore.

Is it possible to checkout the feature without the automatic checkin it later?

0 Kudos

We are discussing this case further with support case "02119308"

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Was this resolved?  We also want to limit the number of times a feature can be checked out.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @scarneysl The reported request is not possible by FNP API was the final confirmation on the case. 

Best Regards,

scarneysl
Level 2

Can we achieve these goals via Flexnet Embedded?

0 Kudos