cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SatoSiemens
Level 2

Is attribute START=dd-mmm-yyyy a trigger to recognize the feature when we meet the start date ?

Jump to solution

The one of license log said that 

"Feature XXXX is not enabled yet" and the feature remained inactive even after we met the start date.

The license which had this feature didn't have an attribute START=dd-mmm-yyyy.

On the other hand,  another license log said that

"Feature ZZZZ is not enabled yet, starts on dd-mmm-yyyy" and the feature got active when we met the start date.

The license which had this feature ZZZZ did have an attribute START=dd-mmm-yyyy.

Is attribute START=dd-mmm-yyyy a trigger to recognize the feature automatically when we meet the start date?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @SatoSiemens  ,

START attribute does control the start date of the feature if it is mentioned in the license file , (it is not mandatory) so if it is not specified then it will start right from the date it was mentioned post rereading the license .If you are seeing otherwise then kindly raise a case with us so that we can investigate this further .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @SatoSiemens  ,

It is not mandatory to have the START section , however could you please let me know if you have built the kit with non trl keys because we have a similar issue being investigated where the kit was built with non trl keys and failing with the same error .

0 Kudos

Thanks for your attention.

Unfortunately, I am not sure that the license was built with non trl keys because I am not a license generator.

I just have 2 different symptoms which differ by START attribute.

As you say, if this attribute doesn't control the recognition of the license start date, I understand that Flexnet always automatically updates the recognition of the license start date, which means we don't need any operation like rereading license or something. Is it correct?

0 Kudos

Hi @SatoSiemens  ,

START attribute does control the start date of the feature if it is mentioned in the license file , (it is not mandatory) so if it is not specified then it will start right from the date it was mentioned post rereading the license .If you are seeing otherwise then kindly raise a case with us so that we can investigate this further .

0 Kudos