cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BorrahDanikls
Level 2

Integrating Flex Publisher Licensing into an application

A friend of mine asked me to take a look at using Flex Licensing to protect the distribution of her software. I've spent a bit of time going through the flexera website to see what information I could glean, but I find nothing that tells me how one actually connects their software to the licensing system. Is it an API that allows me to build the functionality into an application? Is it something else? I decided to not put too much time into getting frustrated before asking here if anyone had any experience with this or similar licensing systems.

Regards and thanks!

Labels (1)
(1) Reply
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @BorrahDanikls you are right you have to use the APIs and there is a client sample in the toolkit under machind\lmflex.c

Also, you can find more details under the document "FlexNet Publisher 2022 R2 (11.19.1) Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing" page number 19.  Some examples from the document.

Adding the Client API to an Application

The FlexEnabled application accesses license rights by calling functions that request (check out) and release (check in) licenses for selected features. These functions are part of the client API.
Two client libraries are available:
• Flexible API—C/ C++ client library
• Java API—Java client library
This chapter provides an overview of the Flexible API, along with coding examples. For information about the Java
API, see the Licensing for Java Programming Reference Guide.
When you are ready to build the application, link with the client libraries, and test the FlexEnabled application, see “Building Your FlexEnabled Application” in the manual, Development Environment Guide.

Adding Function Calls to the Application
This section describes how to modify your application code to call the client functions. The machind directory in the toolkit contains a sample FlexEnabled application: lmflex.c. This implementation serves as a basis for the examples in this section. The implementation presented produces a minimal, well-behaved FlexEnabled application.
FlexNet Publisher also contains additional examples in the examples subdirectory. The examples directory contains programs that illustrate how to perform various operations. These programs are intended to be illustrative only and Revenera may not include them in future toolkit releases. Their operation is not covered in this manual.

Also, you can find more source code files and details in the "FlexNet Publisher 2022 R2 Development Environment Guide page number 41. Hope this helps. 

Best Regards,