cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkariru
Level 3

How to exclude same list of users from using multiple vendors features

Jump to solution

I currently have a GROUP of users being EXCLUDED from using all the features of one vendor. This GROUP of users is specified in the Options file.

I now need to exclude this same GROUP of users from using features from other vendors as well. Rather than specify the GROUP of users in each vendor's Options file, is there a way to have a central file that can somehow be included in the different vendor's options files? Having a central file simplifies the manual process of adding and removing GROUP users, as only one file needs to be edited. Another solution would be to specify 2 Options files, one with vendor specific settings and the other with user GROUP info, however I'm not sure this is supported.

Thanks,
Michael

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mkariru That is the problem of useing a common option file, as of now FNP does not support more than one options file so either you can use a common file or Vendor files for each. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mkariru A configuration file is available on the license server that license administrators can use to either change license server behaviour or implement certain licensing policies. Each software publisher has its own separate options file that works with a specific vendor daemon find these details in FlexNet Publisher 2021 R4 Development Environment Guide page#188. So option file should be vendor-specific only. Hope this answer your query. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. If you have a GROUPX of users that you want to exclude from using features from Vendor A and Vendor B, how would you implement this? For now, I'm specifying GROUPX and excluding it in both Vendors A and B options files. I'm looking for a more robust solution. As the vendor list grows  Vendor, C, D, E), I'd like an easier method of editing GROUPX.

Thanks,
Michael

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mkariru Thanks for the reply and I understand the query. You can use a common option file at the dedicated location that will work for all the vendors and you need to give the dedicated path location

For example:

VENDOR demo OPTIONS="/home/licAdmin/lmadmin/ABCD.opt

But make sure the options file did not have license file-specific data 
For example : INCLUDE f1:<SIGN VALUE> USER abc
If SIGN value is in the license file for Vendor A then Vendor B will not able to apply it. Hence, the lNCLUDE line will be ignored by Vendo B.

Try to test it and let me know this helps?. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Yes, a common options file at a dedicated location would work. However, what if I need to also set some other specific options for 1 or 2 vendors only. For example: For Vendor A and C, I would like to use the common options file but I also want to set different TIMEOUT values. It would be great if multiple options files were supported, that way I can specify both common and vendor-specific options files.

Thanks,
Michael

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mkariru That is the problem of useing a common option file, as of now FNP does not support more than one options file so either you can use a common file or Vendor files for each. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll have to use Vendor option files for now. Is there a way to to request for this capability to be added in the future or at least considered?

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @mkariru Thanks for your reply, yes happy to take an Enhancement Request for the same so please raise a support case to check with our Product management. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I'm not able to raise a support case because my company does not have a support account.

Thanks!