cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoffBates
Level 2

FlexNet Licensing slow to obtain a license

Jump to solution

We are using FlexNet Licensing (v11.16.2.0 build 242433 i86_n3)  on a server to manage licenses for our Tekla application. Our Tekla.lic file contains the following:

SERVER tekla-prd-licn1 ANY 27007
     ENDOR tekla port=55313

Where tekla-prd-licn1 is our license server hosts name.

Tekla takes around 15 minutes to obtain a license.  User located on company LAN, license server on AWS cloud.

We have an entry in local hosts file and firewalls are all open to the required ports. 

Now if I change the Tekla.lic file to use the following IP address rather than hosts name

SERVER 10.210.85.53 ANY 27007
    VENDOR tekla port=55313

The license is obtained within 15 seconds.

Any ideas why the big difference 15 minutes vs 15 seconds when using IP address ? What causes this ?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi @GeoffBates still this is a problem then please raise a support case so that our support team will help you to fix this issue. 

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Yvernekar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

As per my knowledge, Host name resolution to the IP might be causing a delay which is causing this slow checkout. 

You can either add the IP as you have explained above in the server line or add the host resolution data to the host file. That should solve the issue.

( Windows 10 the hosts file is located at c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts and On Linux, you can find the hosts file under /etc/hosts )

0 Kudos
GeoffBates
Level 2

When we used  "SERVER tekla-prd-licn1 ANY 27007" we added an entry to local hosts file and this didn't make any difference, still 15 minutes. 

0 Kudos

Hi @GeoffBates still this is a problem then please raise a support case so that our support team will help you to fix this issue. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos