Did you mean: 
paultoone
Level 3

Error in liblmgr_trl.a(lm_getid_typ.o) When building the toolkit on Linux

Jump to solution

While building the x64_lsb toolkit on Rocky 8, I get the following error:

[root@localhost x64_lsb]# make
./lmrand1 -i ../machind/lsvendor.c
cc -c -fno-pie -g -I../machind -I. -DFD_LIMIT_CHECK -DFLEX_INET6 -g -O2 -m64 -D__BITS64 -pipe -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_GNU_SOURCE -DOS_LINUX -pthread -DECMC_DISABLE_FAKE_TPM=1 -DLM_INTERNAL -DFLEXLM_KITBUILD -DFLEX_STATIC -DVALIDATOR_UTILITY_SUPPORT -DLINUX -DNO_ACTIVATION_SUPPORT lmcode.c
cc -g -I../machind -I. -DFD_LIMIT_CHECK -DFLEX_INET6 -g -O2 -m64 -D__BITS64 -pipe -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_GNU_SOURCE -DOS_LINUX -pthread -DECMC_DISABLE_FAKE_TPM=1 -DLM_INTERNAL -DFLEXLM_KITBUILD -DFLEX_STATIC -DVALIDATOR_UTILITY_SUPPORT -DLINUX -DNO_ACTIVATION_SUPPORT -no-pie -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/lib64/ld-lsb-x86-64.so.3 lmnewgen.o lmcode.o -L . -lsimplifier -Wl,-rpath,. liblmgr_trl.a libcrvs.a libsb.a -lrt -ldl -lpthread ./activation/lib/libnoact.a \
-o lmnewgen
liblmgr_trl.a(lm_getid_typ.o): In function `Ox3aa7718d45e2af5d':
(.text+0xb4e): undefined reference to `Ox3aa76958416c2d4a'
(.text+0xe08): undefined reference to `Ox3aa769376809e5d6'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:161: lm_new.o] Error 1

We can build this toolkit on Windows and produce a 32 bit and 64 bit VCG but cannot get the toolkit to build in Rocky 8.  I've searched for a reason why there would be an undefined reference to this function and have come up empty.  Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
paultoone
Level 3

For those running into this issue, it was caused by DONGLELIB = liblmg_dongle.a being commented out, on accident, by me in makefile.act:

#ifdef DONGLE

#DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle.a

#DONGLEPICLIB = liblmgr_dongle_pic.a

#else #DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle_stub.a

#DONGLEPICLIB = liblmgr_dongle_stub_pic.a

#endif

After un-comenting out DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle.a, the build works fine.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @paultoone FNP generates the lsb complaint kit that is expected to work on all the Linux flavours that are lsb complaint. Internally, FNP test this kit on RHEL, SUSE and ubuntu.

It seems Rocky Linux is lsb complaint? if yes then make sure lsb is installed and then try to build. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

I extract the x64_lsb toolkit and run install_fnp.sh and toolkitinstall.sh, change the appropriate files, then go to the x64_lsb and run make when I get this error.  I was unable to find any document to show the steps so I adapted https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/How-Do-You-Build-a-Default-Toolkit-Build-on-Windows/ta-p/3078 and ran both of those .sh scripts just in case.  

I couldn't find any documentation on how to build this toolkit.  Are you aware of the exact steps for linux or where I could find them?  I believe I have done everything needed but it clearly isn't working, despite Rocky 8 x64 being LSB compliant

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @paultoone The details are in the FlexNet Publisher 2023 R1 (11.19.3) Programming Reference for License File–Based Licensing, page number 34. 

build in Unix.JPG

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

[root@localhost x64_lsb]# make -f makefile
./lmrand1 -i ../machind/lsvendor.c
cc -c -fno-pie -g -I../machind -I. -DFD_LIMIT_CHECK -DFLEX_INET6 -g -O2 -m64 -D__BITS64 -pipe -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_GNU_SOURCE -DOS_LINUX -pthread -DECMC_DISABLE_FAKE_TPM=1 -DLM_INTERNAL -DFLEXLM_KITBUILD -DFLEX_STATIC -DVALIDATOR_UTILITY_SUPPORT -DLINUX -DNO_ACTIVATION_SUPPORT lmcode.c
cc -g -I../machind -I. -DFD_LIMIT_CHECK -DFLEX_INET6 -g -O2 -m64 -D__BITS64 -pipe -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_GNU_SOURCE -DOS_LINUX -pthread -DECMC_DISABLE_FAKE_TPM=1 -DLM_INTERNAL -DFLEXLM_KITBUILD -DFLEX_STATIC -DVALIDATOR_UTILITY_SUPPORT -DLINUX -DNO_ACTIVATION_SUPPORT -no-pie -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/lib64/ld-lsb-x86-64.so.3 lmnewgen.o lmcode.o -L . -lsimplifier -Wl,-rpath,. liblmgr_trl.a libcrvs.a libsb.a -lrt -ldl -lpthread ./activation/lib/libnoact.a \
-o lmnewgen
liblmgr_trl.a(lm_getid_typ.o): In function `Ox3aa7718d45e2af5d':
(.text+0xb4e): undefined reference to `Ox3aa76958416c2d4a'
(.text+0xe08): undefined reference to `Ox3aa769376809e5d6'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:161: lm_new.o] Error 1

Ran from /<installDir>/x64_lsb

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @paultoone   Rocky 8 is not been officially tested so we may need to test it to give more details, so can you please raise a support case for further investigation? 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Yes, I just submitted it.  I should also note, following this article: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Rocky-Linux-for-FNP/ta-p/267862
I also just brought up an Ubuntu 22.04 server and tested on that platform and I ended up getting the same error.  

mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @paultoone yes, as I said FNP is not officially supported Rocky so ya, I got the case and can you please give the Ubuntu 22.04  error as well. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
paultoone
Level 3

For those running into this issue, it was caused by DONGLELIB = liblmg_dongle.a being commented out, on accident, by me in makefile.act:

#ifdef DONGLE

#DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle.a

#DONGLEPICLIB = liblmgr_dongle_pic.a

#else #DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle_stub.a

#DONGLEPICLIB = liblmgr_dongle_stub_pic.a

#endif

After un-comenting out DONGLELIB = liblmgr_dongle.a, the build works fine.