cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganeshn
Level 3

Duplicate symbols in lmgr.lib from Flex 11.19.0

We are using Flex 11.19.0. When we build a static library with linking lmgr.lib, we are getting the following linker warning.  

Capture.JPG

The symbol being referred here _hx621DRIhm0wF3X9kGam.  Running dumpbin  /SYMBOLS on lmgr.lib shows that there are two mentions of _hx621DRIhm0wF3X9kGam in the symbol table. 

We are concerned with this warning since the msvc linker picks the first definition and the second definition is ignored. 

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ganeshn  ,

The preprocessor checks will only help you avoid redefinition within the same compiler scope - For example, if you included the same header file twice (directly or indirectly) in a .cpp. Thus every .obj file will have one copy of the definition. 

You may avoid this by declaring the _hx621DRIhm0wF3X9kGam as extern in the header file

And moving the definition to one of the .cpp file.

0 Kudos

I am sorry if I understand your reply correctly. If you are talking of recompiling the library (lmgr.lib) where these duplicate definitions are found, this is a built library that Revenera ships as part of Flex 11.19.0. The duplicate symbol which I am referring to _hx621DRIhm0wF3X9kGam is defined twice in lmgr.lib. Our code just links against this library. 

Does that make sense?

0 Kudos

Hi @ganeshn  ,

The above comment was just an explanation of the warning being encountered however I checked internally and it looks like this is a known issue where multiple definition of reservation functions are detected in lmgr and lmgr_trl and engineering will fix this in the successive releases but the release version is not finalized yet . 

0 Kudos

Thanks. Couple of questions

1. Can you please confirm if  we are safe to live with this warning where the a random definition can be linked?

2. When you say successive releases, may I know what release can we expect this fix to go in and when the release planned?   This would help us plan accordingly

0 Kudos

Hi @ganeshn ,

1. It is fine to ignore the warnings until issue is resolved.

2. The release date is yet to be finalized based on the priorities .

Hope this helps !!

0 Kudos