cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venu_gopal
Level 4

Checkout failure on VPN

Hello!

When i try to checkout a license (using server or file based) when using VPN, the checkouts are not happening. If I don't connect to VPN then there is no issue either with standalone or server based checkouts.  did any one face similar issue with any resolution?

--Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

It would be worth confirming the exact error message observed. Also, ensure that when connected to VPN - a command-line ping operation, when run against server details (IP/hostname) works fine.

Here is a KB that might help: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/Best-Practice-Guide-for-Client-and-Server-Communication-FNP/ta-p/180991

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keeping license server issue aside, It is surprising that even the stand alone license checkout is not working when connected to VPN.  How can I troubleshoot why the standalone checkouts are failing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

@venu_gopal , can you confirm the error code being observed for standalone (I am guessing unserved licenses)?

Also, what's the VENDOR license search path set there (lmpath.exe -status)?

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos
carolon
Level 3

Hello, here we discuss Checkout failure on VPN. A VPN for Firefox allows you to securely access the Internet when you are on a public Wi-Fi network, and also to access sites with restricted content when connected to a secure corporate or government server. The most common type of problem that a user can experience with a frozen computer is the inability to boot the computer or access the login screen. The frustrating part about frozen computers is that there's no option for users to fix it on their own. Therefore, if you are trying to fix your frozen computer by using the following tricks, don't forget to update your https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/vpn-for-android/ Firefox browser at the same time!

0 Kudos