Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gajeshm
Level 5

create copy of product using 'ProductPackagingService'

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to create copy of existing product on FNO using  FNO webservice. Something similar to Product Copy functionality available on Portal. 

I was looking at  webservice 'ProductPackagingService' but I don't find any such method to create copy of product. Is it possible? If yes, how?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
ekose1
Revenera
Revenera

Hello,

There isn't a specific SOAP call available to 'copy' a product definition within FNO. Instead, there are two parts to this action. 

You would need to use the 'getProductsQuery' call to retrieve the details of the product definition you wish to recreate. Once you have the detailed parameters of the product returned to you in the response, you should be able to parse those parameters into the 'createProduct' call (making the necessary modifications) and create the new product definition with FNO. 

The pre-population of the parameters returned in the 'getProductsQuery' response is essentially what happens on the 'Create a Product' page; when you use the 'Product Copy' functionality within the Producer Portal.

Kind regards,
Erce ‘Urge’ Kose.
Solution Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ekose1
Revenera
Revenera

Hello,

There isn't a specific SOAP call available to 'copy' a product definition within FNO. Instead, there are two parts to this action. 

You would need to use the 'getProductsQuery' call to retrieve the details of the product definition you wish to recreate. Once you have the detailed parameters of the product returned to you in the response, you should be able to parse those parameters into the 'createProduct' call (making the necessary modifications) and create the new product definition with FNO. 

The pre-population of the parameters returned in the 'getProductsQuery' response is essentially what happens on the 'Create a Product' page; when you use the 'Product Copy' functionality within the Producer Portal.

Kind regards,
Erce ‘Urge’ Kose.
Solution Engineer
0 Kudos