Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gajeshm
Level 5

How to get expiration details in licence model

Jump to solution

Hello,

While creating licence model we provide Expiration detail like None, Permanent or Expiring. I want to read this information through Webservice for existing licence model.

Could you please tell me which WebService and WebAPI can provide this information? 

Our final aim to get Licence model details for given activation Id. We want to set expiry of renewed line item for this activation Id. The expiry need to be calculated based on licence model Expiration data.

getactivitableItemsQuery gives licencemodel name and uniqueid but not duration

Gajesh

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gajeshm Can you try to use the getEntitlementsQuery to get all the data you want for the line item license model and all the expiry details. Let me know if you need any other details?. 

Ent Search.JPG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(9) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gajeshm Can you try to use the getEntitlementsQuery to get all the data you want for the line item license model and all the expiry details. Let me know if you need any other details?. 

Ent Search.JPG

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

The duration mentioned in your reply is from the line item. Means what duration / term is assigned to line item at the time of creation or renewal.

I am asking what is mentioned in Licence Model for this particular line item. There are 3 types under Expiration: None, Permanent, Expiring (with further categories like week, months etc. )

I am looking to get the value of Expiration from licence Model for the line item. Please see attachment. 

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi, @gajeshm Yes, the details are from the line time expiry only but if you did not overwrite the value while creating the line time then the expiry details were taken from the License model by default the same value there in my reply. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Mani. As you said, "if you did not overwrite the value while creating the line time then the expiry details were taken from the License model by default".

So there are chances that next renewal may not be as per licence model if the date is modified of that line item for some reason.

We have some cases where we need the duration assigned in licence model to calculate the expiry date. I want to make it independent of what is current expiry of line item. Is it possible to get this in licence model details or any other way?

Gajesh

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gajeshm 

Q) So there are chances that the next renewal may not be as per the licence model if the date is modified of that line item for some reason.

• I don't think it's possible to get the license model expiry on the line item once the default value is modified. 
  • You can check the start date and the expiry date of the baseline item should be as per the license model config, if then you can set the renewal start date as per the base expiry date 
  • However for example, if the license model has one-year expiry, but the baseline item start date and end date are more than one year (someone altered the default value) then you can consider the start date and fix the next renewal date instead of the Expiry date.  This may be a one-time correction at the time of renewal because again the expiry line item is created based on the license model details only. 

So once the value is overwritten by the user then it will be calculated as for expiry and no way to get that value in any web service. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hello Mani,

We are trying to write automation script for line item renewal. All these calculations in script may lead to errors as there can be different expiry duration for different licence model in the script.

What I want is duration / expiration from the licence model. Forget about line item, If I have licence model name or it's primary key, can I get the duration / expiration of that licence model?

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @gajeshm  License model duration/ expiry is generic only with that you can not calculate the line item expiry, so the license model details can be extracted after mapped to the line time. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Yeah I understand Mani. That is why I said that we have expiry of line item. The expiry of renewed item will be current expiry + duration in licence model. If current expiry is 31st May and duration is specified in licence model as 6 month. The next expiry will be 31st May + 6 Months = 30th Nov.

I would like to know, if I have licence model name and key, is it possible to read the expiry duration mentioned in licence model through any web API? 

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

@gajeshm I think we need a discussion with a support case, can you raise a case so that I can help you further?. 

Moreover, there is no web service to get the license model details.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos