cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) for FlexNet Manager Suite is 5D002.c.1.

In the ECCN:

• The first digit "5" is Commerce Control List (CCL) category Telecommunications and “Information Security” 
  • The second digit "D" is product group Software.

For more information about ECCNs, see the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security website, which explains:

"ECCNs are five character alpha-numeric designations used on the Commerce Control List (CCL) to identify dual-use items for export control purposes. An ECCN categorizes items based on the nature of the product, i.e. type of commodity, software, or technology and its respective technical parameters."

This information is for general informational purposes only, and does not represent any undertaking by Flexera to keep the user advised as to all relevant U.S. export controls development. This information is designed only to get users started in understanding their U.S. export controls obligations.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Comments
werner_mezger
By
Level 3

Hey Chris, for my understanding is the provided ECCN just for the export of the FlexNet Manager from the US in other countries. If you want to re-export the software, e.g. the FlexNet Manager Agent, you need a ex number from the respective country from where you want to re-export the software. The reason behind is, that the EX-Control of other countries like Germany and/or the EU etc. may by differend to the  US CCL.

I would appriciate if you could also provide re-export numbers which are valid for Germany and the EU.

Best Regards - Werner

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @werner_mezger. I believe the number in Europe would be 5.D.2.c.1, which corresponds to the US ECCN 5D002.c.1.

smithals
By
Level 2

What is the ECCN for Flexera One ?

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@smithals - see the following page which has been published with ECCN information for Flexera One: What is the ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) for Flexera One?

Version history
Last update:
‎May 02, 2021 09:44 PM
Updated by: