Users missing from search results when creating accounts in FNMS On-Premises
When creating accounts in FlexNet Manager Suite On-Premises, under the Accounts -> All Accounts page, the search results do not contain all of the Users that you were expecting to see.
When generating the results for the fly-down search box when creating an account, the following query is run against the Compliance DB:
SELECT * FROM List_Users lu WHERE lu.IsIncluded = 1 AND NOT lu.UserStatusID IN (2,3) AND NOT (lu.DomainFlatName IS NULL) AND (lu.DomainFlatName <> '') AND NOT (EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Grid_OperatorRoles gor WHERE ((lu.DomainFlatName + '\') + lu.SAMAccountName) = gor.OperatorLogin)) ORDER BY lu.UserName desc, lu.ComplianceUserID DESC
(N.B. The above is taken from 2019 R2, and may not be entirely accurate for other versions.)
The most common explanation is that the 'missing' users fail to satisfy one or more of the conditions above. To summarise:
1) The user must exist in the view List_Users
2) The user's login must not be a part of the exclusion list defined under System Settings -> Users
3) The user must not have a status of Inactive OR Retired
4) The Domain Flat Name for the user cannot be NULL, and cannot be an empty string
5) The user must not already be linked to an operator (account) object with assigned roles
Starting from the top, check all of the conditions laid out above. If the user does not exist under List_Users, then you should work backwards and check if the user exists in the ADUser_MT table in the InventoryManager DB.
If they do not, then you should ensure that all necessary AD domains have imports running against them.
Remember: FNMS respects the separation of AD domains - if you have a hierarchy of domains, then you must configure an import against each domain and subdomain seperately.