FlexNet inventory agent not reporting after installation
FlexNet inventory agent not reporting after installation or events do not run as scheduled.
The Installation.log and Policy.log show a failure not being able to connect to the Beacon due to a Network Firewall, SSL Certificate/Revocation error or Proxy settings not configured.
The failure was fixed and the Agent is still not running or uploading an inventory.
These logs by default are created at:
- Windows Agents installed by the Local System account: C:\Windows\Temp\Managesoft
- Windows Agents installed/reinstalled by a User: C:\Users\UsernameGoesHere\AppData\Local\Temp\Managesoft
- Non-Windows Agents: /var/opt/managesoft/log
By default, once the Policy Download fails during the installation, the Agent would not have a schedule to run on since it never received its policies and schedules from the Beacon.
Instead of reinstalling the Agent, you can attempt to download the Policy again if your Deployment Server was already set in the bootstrap file initially (mgssetup.ini or mgsft_rollout_response).
Downloading the Policy for the Agent can be done by executing mgspolicy -t machine command, and binaries for mgspolicy are located in the following folder:
- For Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageSoft\Policy Client (for 64-bit machines) or C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\Policy Client (for 32-bit machines)
- For non-Windows: /opt/managesoft/bin