cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary

Beacon Policy Status shows "Awaiting update"

Symptoms

Beacon Policy Status shows "Awaiting update".
Relaunching the inventory beacon application to force get a new policy does not resolve the issue.

Resolution

Verify that the Scheduled Tasks used by the beacon to upload inventory and beacon status files are both scheduled and running successfully. You can find these tasks in the Windows Task Scheduler.

The scheduled task that handles uploading status files is "Upload FlexNet Beacon status." While the task that handles inventory uploads is "Upload Flexera logs and inventories."

It may take a few minutes after enabling these tasks for the FNMS UI to show any changes to the Beacon Policy status. 

Incrementing the version number of a beacon policy file and relaunching the inventory beacon via the following steps can also resolve the issue:

1. Login to FlexNet Manager Suite Web UI.
  2. Go to Discovery & Inventory > Settings.
  3. Update any setting on the Inventory Settings page, and then click Save.
    • It does not matter what setting is changed; this change is being made to force a policy revision to occur
  4. Revert the updated setting in step 3, and then Save again.
  5. Login to the Inventory Beacon server.
  6. Relaunch the Inventory Beacon.

If you have recently changed the service account password, then update the password for your service account by following the steps in the knowledge base article below: 

How to Change Your Domain Service Account Password for FlexNet Manager Suite?

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Change-Your-Domain-Service-Account-Password-for-FlexNet/ta-p/5525

Was this article helpful? Yes No
0% helpful (0/2)
Comments
Vishnu_Priyan
By
Level 3
3rd Steps seems to be not printed properly Can someone rewrite the thing again
michael_hoogen
By
Level 4

I tried this but it made no difference. Any other suggestions?

Liebi123
By
Level 4

Sometimes I see this error when the beacon is not able to upload its log files successfully. Only through the log files the processing server knows if an update was successful or what the status of the beacon is.
Just have a look at the local logs of the beacon to see if there are any errors. Also the uploader.log gives a hint, if all files (including BeaconStatus) are uploaded successfully.

michael_hoogen
By
Level 4

Thanks! I checked the uploader log and noticed it has not been updated since last November. I've checked the parent connection in the beacon GUI, which is fine, have restarted the Flexnet beacon services on the device, and also rebooted the device as a last resort but still the uploader log does not update. Any other suggestions?

kclausen
By
Flexera Alumni

Verify that the Scheduled Tasks used by the beacon to upload inventory and beacon "status" are scheduled and running successfully or not.  You can find this in the Windows Task Scheduler.

michael_hoogen
By
Level 4

Ah yes , that was the problem. The scheduled tasks were disabled. All fine now.

AjaykumarPatil
By
Level 6

The same issued I have also faced, The "beacon to upload inventory and beacon" task was disabled, Once task is enabled issue get resolved. 

Version history
Last update:
‎Mar 24, 2022 04:44 PM
Updated by: