cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tableau Server license compliance

Our client have tableau Server 8 Core license. 

The server hosting the tableau is now having 8 Core CPU. 

If they upgrade the server Cpu cores to 16, Will it become  non compliant?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, I expect that if you have only 8 cores licensed and the software runs on a computer with 16 cores then Tableau would consider that non-compliant.

Information about Tableau licensing that may be relevant to your situation can be found on the following page: https://help.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/license_product_keys.htm

This states (in part):

"core-based license [...] specifies the maximum number of computer cores on which you can run Tableau Server. You can install Tableau Server on a single computer or across multiple computers as a multi-node cluster, as long as the total number of cores in all the computers does not exceed the total number that the license allows."

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, I expect that if you have only 8 cores licensed and the software runs on a computer with 16 cores then Tableau would consider that non-compliant.

Information about Tableau licensing that may be relevant to your situation can be found on the following page: https://help.tableau.com/current/server/en-us/license_product_keys.htm

This states (in part):

"core-based license [...] specifies the maximum number of computer cores on which you can run Tableau Server. You can install Tableau Server on a single computer or across multiple computers as a multi-node cluster, as long as the total number of cores in all the computers does not exceed the total number that the license allows."

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the prompt reply