cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question - we have some devices that are producing 2 scan files every day - one has just hardware information, the other file has full inventory data.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(5) Replies

The hardware-only NDI files would be for the frequent hardware scanning required by IBM for capturing PVU sub-capacity calculations when Flexera is used as a replacement for ILMT.

Thanks for the update - would there just be one file generated for the sub-cap calculations per day?

@Smitty986 - That depends on the Inventory Settings you have made within your FNMS/ITAM Inventory Settings page, but the schedule for frequent scanning for IBM is set from every 30 minutes, up to every 2 hours.

Currently set at 30 mins.

Inventory NDI files from the high-frequency scan to support IBM sub-capacity calculations are only generated and uploaded if the agent detects a change in a "hardware" property.

The following agent preference provides some control to exclude selected classes & properties from triggering an NDI file to be generated: HardwareChangesClassPropertyBlacklist

There are a range of known issues related to this, where common but generally irrelevant hardware changes trigger these NDI files to be generated. See:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)