cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flxfsscan process consumes excessive memory leading to system performance issues on MAC

flxfsscan process consumes excessive memory leading to system performance issues on MAC.

Is flxfsscan is FLexera process?

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

flxfsscan is a process from with the FlexNet inventory agent. Some brief information about it is on this page: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Configuring the Operation Mode on UNIX

I have not heard of any problems with large memory usage in this process. However there is a known issue in some agent versions related to unexpectedly large disk space usage. See here:

IOK-1053230: Cache file /var/opt/managesoft/cache/flxfsscan_report can grow very large over time because it is not deleted after gathering inventory

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@chirag_sharma2 
Upgrade it to latest version, new version has capability use delete  cache after completion of scan.