cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Manager Forum

Join users and Flexera staff in discussion forums for answers to your FlexNet Manager Suite & Engineering Applications questions

Forum Posts

Solved Tanium Connector SVC Account Minimum Rights

During our implementation testing of Tanium Connector we did not see anywhere where the minimum rights to the Tanium UI were documented. Is this documented anywhere official? I see something that says you need an account with Admin rights to the UI b...

dcopher by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Solved IP / Port Scan

What is the best practice for conducting an IP / port scan using FNMS for Oracle software?Specifically, how may I set up FNMS to replicate what Oracle would otherwise execute via its "LMS Discovery Tool" that looks for where Oracle might be running b...

Solved Business Adapter to Link Asset's with User's

I am trying to create a Business Adapter to link Assets with User's.Reason:We have Mac's in our environment and when they are scanned there is no calculated user (therefore user-based licenses are not calculating as desired).Objective:Have a business...

Solved What triggers Beacon to download packages

Hello,  I noticed that in my environment FNMS2019R2. Most of my beacons are not downloading Agent packages (upgrade and adoption) When I check the packageretriever log for downloads it shows it is not trying to download the available files. So there ...

Ronny_OO7 by Level 8 Champion
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos

RAM Licensing - MongoDB

Dear Community,  Im trying to license my MongoDB database, the licensing model is not supported by Flexera which leaves a lot to desire. Without using allocation, have you try to license any product by RAM memory? My licensing is like a Core licensin...

Oracle Entitlement Records based on CSI data

What is the best practice for using CSI data at line item detail to load and maintain Oracle entitlements in FNMS?I find that CSI data is the most readily-available and complete record of Oracle entitlement.Conversely, original license orders (someti...

How does FNMS discover Oracle Middleware?

What underlying evidence is FNMS using to asses install / usage for Oracle Middleware products such as WebLogic Enterprise and Suite, OBIEE, Coherence, Data Integrator, etc?As examples: are (and if so how) are the following considered?OS-level proces...

Identifying the right product updat

I have a service called at " FLexnet activation service" version 2.60. Marked as sold by Macrovision, does flexnet manager can replace this?Any one have any idea if this is how the product are related. and upgraded to this?