cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between FNMS Cloud and Flexera One IT Asset Management?

Hello, I am wondering: What is the difference between FNMS Cloud and Flexera One IT Asset Management?

I found online that Flexera One offers more functionality in regards to FNMS, so why would anyone use FNMS for that matter?

(2) Replies
tjohnson1
By Technical Writer
Technical Writer

FNMS Cloud is the old name for the cloud offering of FlexNet Manager Suite. Flexera One IT Asset Management is the new name.

I found online that Flexera One offers more functionality in regards to FNMS, so why would anyone use FNMS for that matter?

Some food for thought ...

FNMS on-prem was created well before Flexera One was made available.  It's very stable so "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  With FNMS on-prem, you have full control over your environment.  While Flexera One provides an API to access FNMS data, on-prem FNMS enables you to query the database directly, as you see fit, to generate reports or data not easily done through the UI.

Of course, having Flexera One means you don't have to set up and maintain your own FNMS (and likely a SQL) server. You simply point your beacons to Flexera One.

--Mark