cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Latest Version of the "Connected Mode" Business Adapter Studio Application

Hi Everyone, I will be rebuilding my Beacon servers in a little while  (Cloud) so I am downloading all of the applications I need to install during the process. Things like SQL Server Management Studio , Oracle Database drivers etc. We currently have the standalone or "connected" version of the Adapter Studio also installed as we use a lot of scripting etc. When I go to my Downloads area I only see version 2018 as my latest available version   ... does this seem correct  ?.

If not, where might I find the latest version   ...

Thx in Advance

Bruce

(2) Solutions

The standalone (connected) version of the Business Adapter Studio is always included in the latest release of the FNMS product.

• After logging into the Community, you can browse to the "Product an License Center" (PLC).
  • After browsing to the FNMS release you are using - latest release is FNMS 2022 R1 - you can download the installer.

The file description for the latest release is 'Business Adapter Studio for FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R1'. This is the name of the ZIP file that you can download, too.

View solution in original post

@bruce_giles - The stand alone Business Adapter Studio is a component of FlexNet Manager On-Premises, and is not normally distributed with Flexera One ITAM.

View solution in original post

(8) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The Business Adapter Studio is part of the beacon component. The beacon component can be downloaded for manual installation by clicking the Deploy A Beacon button on the Beacons page in the web UI.

The latest version of the beacon component in Flexera One ITAM is 18.1.0 (see the Change Log).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris , thanks for the reply   ... I may be incorrect but I am looking for the "Stand Alone Version" of the Business Adapter Studio because we leverage the Staging Database for our adapters and I understood we needed the stand alone version as well due to the following statement in the Practice Guide. I know that we use both versions .. the embedded one and the stand alone. I think you are referring to the embedded one unless the stand alone version is available once you install the Beacon application  .. not sure.

Thx

Installing Stand-Alone Business Adapter Studio
Once the staging database is created, a stand-alone instance of Flexera Business Adapter Studio will need to be installed on the primary beacon. For on premises, the primary beacon is defined as the beacon located in the same data center as the FlexNet Manager Suite database. For Cloud customers, the primary beacon is the beacon located in the same datacenter as the FlexNet Manager Suite staging database.
To install stand-alone version of Business Adapter Studio (BAS), download the installer from the Flexera Product and License Center 2.0 (PLC 2.0), available via the Flexera Customer Community or Flexera Partner Community. Once the download is complete, copy the zip folder to the chosen primary FlexNet beacon.

I'm not too familiar with this kind of use of the Business Adapter Studio sorry; it is not a practice that I've used. As far as I know, the Business Adapter Studio is not released anywhere to be used in a "standalone" fashion separately from an installed beacon in Flexera One ITAM environments.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

The standalone (connected) version of the Business Adapter Studio is always included in the latest release of the FNMS product.

• After logging into the Community, you can browse to the "Product an License Center" (PLC).
  • After browsing to the FNMS release you are using - latest release is FNMS 2022 R1 - you can download the installer.

The file description for the latest release is 'Business Adapter Studio for FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R1'. This is the name of the ZIP file that you can download, too.

Hi Erwin, thanks for the information, the issue I have is that when I do go there I only see the older releases. I will call Support to see if they can assist me with this, perhaps something is messed up with my profile. 

Thx Again

Hi Bruce,

My assumption is that with FlexeraONE, this might be different than with the on-prem version of FNMS.

The Flexera support team should be able to provide you with the latest release of the Business Adapter Studio anyway 😀.

@bruce_giles - The stand alone Business Adapter Studio is a component of FlexNet Manager On-Premises, and is not normally distributed with Flexera One ITAM.

Thanks for the update ...