cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware Compliance Calculation in FNMS

Hi Team,

Can someone let me know how can we calculate the compliance for VMware publisher as some of the supported metrics are not available in Flexera like Per Application Instance, Per OSI (Operating System Instance) , Per VM , Per OM (Operation Manager), Per SI (Service Instance) , Per PLU (Portable License Unit). If we create a license for the same, then which license metric should be selected in such a case in order to get automatic consumption in flexera tool for VMware?

Thanks in advance

(2) Solutions

Hello, user can create license associated to applications. About metric, a lot are existing, but you can also use custom metric in license type. If at the end you are not happy, use simple device type (installation) and do some manual work.

For one application, the choice by FNMS reconciliation between multiple license could be complex. Main points are allocation (simple, but not automatic), license priority at application level, bundle.

Regards.

View solution in original post

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not an expert in the specific terms and entitlements associated with these VMware license types, but you can find a list of license types built in to FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R1 on the following page: License Type.

So the exercise here would be a matter of mapping the particular terms that VMware has for their different types of licenses to the closest functional match in FlexNet Manager Suite.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hello, user can create license associated to applications. About metric, a lot are existing, but you can also use custom metric in license type. If at the end you are not happy, use simple device type (installation) and do some manual work.

For one application, the choice by FNMS reconciliation between multiple license could be complex. Main points are allocation (simple, but not automatic), license priority at application level, bundle.

Regards.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not an expert in the specific terms and entitlements associated with these VMware license types, but you can find a list of license types built in to FlexNet Manager Suite 2022 R1 on the following page: License Type.

So the exercise here would be a matter of mapping the particular terms that VMware has for their different types of licenses to the closest functional match in FlexNet Manager Suite.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I suggest you having a look at vmware practice guide:

https://learn.flexera.com/vmware-practice-guide