cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Users with Email Address in FNMS

I tried to update users with respective email addresses by updating the data in UserAssignmentImportTemplate.xlsx file  and uploading it through "Business Import" option in FNMS. But it is not getting updated, can you please support.

(1) Solution

Ahh, I see. The most obvious reason why the the Location, Cost Center or Corporate Unit field on your user records is not getting updated would be that the email addresses specified in the spreadsheet do not exist on user records that are already in the system.

Take a look at the log generated by the import. This will give some indication of how many rows were imported from the spreadsheet, and whether they were matched up to user records.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you able to share details of the business adapter that you are using for this?

Seeing a copy of the adapter, along with some [appropriately anonymized] data may help somebody to comment on what is going on here.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

We did not try through any business adapter; we tried through FNMS Web UI "One-Off upload" option using "User assignment upload". Please confirm if this option will help us to add the email address against its users?

Ahh, I see. The most obvious reason why the the Location, Cost Center or Corporate Unit field on your user records is not getting updated would be that the email addresses specified in the spreadsheet do not exist on user records that are already in the system.

Take a look at the log generated by the import. This will give some indication of how many rows were imported from the spreadsheet, and whether they were matched up to user records.

I am able to update Location, Corporate Unit and Cost center, but here I am trying to add email address against users through "One-off Upload" option and it is not taking. I am assuming this should upload should be done through business adapters.

Yes, a business adapter could be used to update email addresses on user records.

The "User assignment upload" option in the "One-off Upload" section is for updating Location, Corporate Unit and Cost center details on user records. That option can use email addresses for looking up user records to be updated; it cannot be used to update the email address field itself on user records.

@SAMsupport 

if possible try to use below custom AD import adaptor to fetch email and other additional fields required in FNMS. this will remove mannual work.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/AD-Custom-Import/td-p/117581