cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splunk Applications not available in ARL

Hello Team,

It has been identified that below Splunk applications are not available in  ARL v2801 in our environment. We are using FlexNet Manager 2023 R1 On-Prem SLM product.

IT Service Intelligence
Enterprise Security for DNS Netflow Data Gb
Enterprise Security
Security for DNS Netflow Data Gb.

As per my understanding, i will need to collect the evidence information(installer/file) of these application and share it with Flexera support to add it in their next ARL release. They will validate and create the application in Flexera ARL.

Please let me know if there is any other way to add application to ARL.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

(10) Replies

Thank you for reaching out, Sachin.

Appreciate it if you could raise a salesforce ticket since the data team needs to work on it. (details shared)

Thank you.

Hello @DeomitaRoy ,

Please let us know how to identify where these splunk apps are hosted. 

1. Hosted on Cloud or on-premise.

Kind Regards,
Sachin MS

The "Hosted in" field on inventory device records identifies whether the inventory device is hosted on-premises or in a cloud environment.

image.png

The "Hosted in" field will default to "On-premises", but can be set to other values if appropriate data has been gathered through inventory connections to identify a cloud environment that the device is in.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG 

For this scenario, only license is created, application is not in ARL and there are no installations also for all the 4 splunk applications.

For creating these application in Flexera ARL library what information is required other than the application name, kindly share the details, thanks.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

The best type of information to share with the Flexera Data Intelligence (Content) Team to configure rules in the ARL to recognize software installed on devices in your organization is an export of related unrecognized installer evidence.

This data can be found on the Unrecognized Evidence page in the FlexNet Manager Suite or Flexera One ITAM web portal.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

The evidence details required by the Content team to process the applications are Name, Version, Publisher, Source, Type, Assigned, and Matches via a spreadsheet. 

Below are the steps for your reference, to submit the evidence:
Go to 'Applications & Evidence' >> Unrecognized Evidence >> Installer Evidence Tab
Search for the name of the application evidence
Click on the 'Down' Arrow icon above the Name column >> Click on XLSX format and export.

Thank you.

Hello @ChrisG 

For 'Broadcom Clarity PPM 14.4' application, 3 servers which hosts this application are discovered in Flexera. However this application is not recognized by Flexera on them. FlexNet Manager Suite 2023 R1 (on-prem) is the product in our env.  If file path and file name of a server is not avilable on Flexera database, how to add this evidence to application,? by providing unrecognized evidence to Flexera content team to configure recognition rule?
Please acknowledge, thanks

Hi @ms_sachin123 ,

Yes, the content team can review the evidence and further process it in the ARL. That should help recognize the application in your environment. 

Thank you. 

Hello @ChrisG ,

Can you please share the SQL query to pull Unrecognized file evidence from Compliance database. It is taking very long time from UI and UI performance is getting disrupted.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

Hello, an easy way is looking for "splunk" in search case on top rigth for both unrecognized installer evidences and unrecognized file evidence and communicate this to content team via Excel file. 

In ARL, they are already 411 FIle Evidences containing "Splunk" and 864 Installer Evidences.