cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server consumes multiple licenses based on similar evidence (OS Red Hat)

Hello all,

I am contacting you regarding a problem I have with Red Hat license consumption.

I have several servers that consume several licenses. Most of my cases concern this :

- I have a server that has the following evidence (as you can see on screen) : compat-sapp-c++ 9.1, Enterprise Linux, compat-sap-c++ v7.2...

- FNMS allocate to this server 3 licences but it should be 1 (datacenter for SAP). 

I have this problem for multiple servers. Even with server with only Red Hat OS with difference evidence (without SAP). I didn't change the license model. The upgrade authorization is activated.

Do you have any solutions (For the moment I have to use exemption) please ?

Kind regards,

Nvaureal

(1) Solution

@nvaureal - You can manage this scenario by converting your existing SAP Licenses into a Product Bundle.  Keep your "Linux for SAP" product as the primary application and then add the standard "Linux Enterprise" software title as a "Secondary" application.  After a license reconciliation, a server that has both the "Linux for SAP" application and the "Linux Enterprise" license will only consume against the Linux for SAP License.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@nvaureal - You can manage this scenario by converting your existing SAP Licenses into a Product Bundle.  Keep your "Linux for SAP" product as the primary application and then add the standard "Linux Enterprise" software title as a "Secondary" application.  After a license reconciliation, a server that has both the "Linux for SAP" application and the "Linux Enterprise" license will only consume against the Linux for SAP License.