cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission For SAM OPTIMIZATION HUB

I seek assistance with an issue currently being experienced by one of our power users.

Specifically, this user is unable to access the SAM Optimization hub tab in our system, and I have been unable to identify the necessary permissions required to address this matter.

I am kindly requesting your support in identifying the appropriate permissions required to enable access to this feature. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Please find attached a screenshot of the error message the user is currently facing.

(2) Replies
nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @Muneer ,

The SAM Optimization Hub gives detailed explanation and links to all Optimization reports.

Each Optimization report is restricted to your user right (What computers or what license you are allowed to see).

The widget (current situation or trend) are visible only to users who have unrestricted access (that can see all locations, corporate units and cost centers) as explained in the documentation note in https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#topics/SAMOptHub.html  because it was impossible to re-compute of the fly the  optimizations (and the trends that are stored in the data warehouse) because every single user may see a different picture.

To take an example: if you can gee only one Windows Server VM and its host (that belong to the HR corporate unit) and not the 30 others Windows Server VMs on the same host, the report will show you that you could save a lot of money by using Windows Server Standard Edition and not DataCenter (while for an admin, the optimization will be 0 because it is cheaper to use DataCenter).

It was not technically possible to compute or store for every single user the "restricted" optimization (that does not really make sense actually). Hence the message in the widget that no data can be displayed for a restricted user.

The SAM Operations Hub that will be released in April will not have the same constraint (SAM Performance KPIs can be sliced by entity) and will show current value and trend for all users with their restrictions. It will also allow to use and Enterprise Filter to get additional slicing of the data.

I hope it helps,

Best regards,

Nicolas Rousseau

Principal Product Manager

Flexera - ITAM

I have reviewed the documentation for the SAM Optimization Hub and the associated optimization reports, and I have a question regarding user access.

I understand that each optimization report is restricted to the user's access level, which limits the information displayed to only the computers and licenses that the user is permitted to view.

However, I would like to know how I can grant a power user unrestricted access to all VMs, cost centers, licenses, and other relevant data, to allow them to view the optimization data.

Is there a specific process or procedure that needs to be followed to grant such access? Alternatively, are there any limitations or considerations that I should be aware of before granting unrestricted access to a user?

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.