cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O365 Inventory gathering failed. (400) Bad Request.

Hi, 

We have an issue with the O365 Connector.

We generate a token and it works just fine, completes the task with success. 
But that only lasts for a day, the next day we get the error "Inventory gathering failed. Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

We then have to go again and generate another token in order for it to work again. So we basically have to generate a new token every day. 

What do you think could be the problem here?

PS: We have multiple clients with O365 connectors (that work just fine), but this specific client is the only one that has two factor authenticator activated on the Microsoft Account. Do you think this could be the reason the token only last for one day?

(1) Solution

Hi @andreidrexler , I think the O365 connector does not work with accounts using 2FA. Also, you should try using the client secret method to generate the token. This may be a good approach to bypass the 2FA requirement. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ex-Flexera

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello @andreidrexler , since we are getting 400 Bad Requests here. I would double-check if the following values are the same on the O365 connector.

Hello, 

So our values were a bit different than these. But we tried this method and it still won't work more than one day. 

Hi @andreidrexler , I think the O365 connector does not work with accounts using 2FA. Also, you should try using the client secret method to generate the token. This may be a good approach to bypass the 2FA requirement. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ex-Flexera