cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O365 Connection

We are going to start using O365 data in FNMS, for which we had a few questions to turn on the connector.

1. Is the data connection encrypted between FNMS and Microsoft?

2. Can the powershell script for O365 be requested?

3. What level of access is needed to pull in the Microsoft data - which roles?

Thank you!

Akshay

Akshay
(1) Solution
BradAkers
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi Akshay, 

All this information is available in the Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference on our document site. Please reference chapter 8

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
BradAkers
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi Akshay, 

All this information is available in the Inventory Adapters and Connectors Reference on our document site. Please reference chapter 8

Brad can they remove the Deprecated way of using this adapter from the latest documentation. It is very confusing for new customers.

The documentation about the "Microsoft Office 365 (Deprecated) Connector" needs to be kept for people who do still use that capability. But the approach is pretty clearly identified as being deprecated as far as I can see (even to the extent of having "Deprecated" in the name of the connector). Is there somewhere you've found where that isn't clear in a way that causes confusion?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Chris I am just giving my feedback I receive from customers. I believe this should be moved into it's own section. I also believe that old connector does not work anymore with the changes to the graph API.
You can find this information in the documentation. https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/fnms2019r1/onpremises/FNMSInvAdaptersAndConnectorsReference.pdf Starting on page 238.