cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No consumption on Oracle Advanced security license

I've created a license Oracle Advanced security via a purchase order with a SKU FLX-ORCL-101742 and application Advanced Security 12c R1. With this application I see 5 installed.

After a reconcile, no consumption is shown (despite the 5 installed).

If I click on the show assessment details, the 5 installs are rejected with the reason No licensable Oracle database instance is known for this device.

How can I solve this?

Should there be an Oracle database instance running on the device?

Please help, thanks.

(1) Solution

The rules to determine the Yes/No setting are defined by Oracle.  Each Option has different rules where the usage is determined based on database queries.  If you look at the Yes/No setting on the Options tab, they will be a link.  If you click on the link, a pop up will appear listing all of the LMS scripts that are run by the FlexNet Agent for that specific option pack, and if the script returned a positive or a negative result.  If at least one of the scripts is positive, then the Option Pack is "Used" and must be licensed.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@Harry007 - Oracle Database Options only consume against a license when they are "Used" according to the LMS Rules.  If you go to the Oracle Instances view, click on a specific database instance and go to the Options tab, you will see all of the Database Options that are "Installed" in that instance.  However, only those options listed with Used = "Yes" will consume against a license.

Hello K,

Thanks for your reply. Just to be sure. The setting of Used = "Yes" or “No”, is this done by a DB admin, depending on the agreement made with Oracle?
Correct?

KR
Harry007

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, Atos’ liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. On all offers and agreements under which Atos Nederland B.V. supplies goods and/or services of whatever nature, the Terms of Delivery from Atos Nederland B.V. exclusively apply. The Terms of Delivery shall be promptly submitted to you on your request.

The rules to determine the Yes/No setting are defined by Oracle.  Each Option has different rules where the usage is determined based on database queries.  If you look at the Yes/No setting on the Options tab, they will be a link.  If you click on the link, a pop up will appear listing all of the LMS scripts that are run by the FlexNet Agent for that specific option pack, and if the script returned a positive or a negative result.  If at least one of the scripts is positive, then the Option Pack is "Used" and must be licensed.

Thanks kclausen.😊