cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misclassification of Virtual Servers for SunOS in Flexera

Hello Team,

It has been observed that all SunOS servers in Flexera are classified as Virtual Machine which is incorrect. There is a mismatch between over 1000 physical servers in the CMDB to Flexera and this will cause inaccuracies in the Effective License Position for multiple publishers.

Please let us know if there is any workaround to troubleshoot this issue further.
If there is Flexera documentation which can be used to find a solution for this.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Is it possible the records you are looking at represent global zones? I think zones would be considered as virtual machines.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello @ChrisG ,

Thanks for the update.

Yes, they are Global zone. Please share article which depicts Solaris GZ are considered as Virtual machines in Flexera. This would really help.

Kind Regards,

Sachin MS

The information under the heading "Representation of Solaris architecture" on the following page may be helpful: Common: Targeting for Solaris Zones.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)