cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft 365 Certificate Based Authentication

Hi, is there any possibility to setup the Microsoft 365 adapter with Certificate Based Authentication instead of Client Credentials on the beacon GUI ?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following possibilities are available for configuring your Microsoft 365 connector:

1. You can configure the Microsoft 365 connector using a multi-tenant app supplied by Flexera (and thus avoid configuring your own app).
  2. You can configure the Microsoft 365 connector using your own single-tenant app. This offers two kinds of authentication:
    • You can use similar credentials to the first case of the Flexera-supplied app
    • Importantly, you can instead configure a client secret that, for the lifetime that you declare, can be used to collect the appropriate data (without using additional credentials).

To avoid client credentials, you might consider the last option here to use a client secret.

Start on the following page for information about configuration options: Connecting to Microsoft 365 > Prerequisites and Configuration Considerations

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following possibilities are available for configuring your Microsoft 365 connector:

1. You can configure the Microsoft 365 connector using a multi-tenant app supplied by Flexera (and thus avoid configuring your own app).
  2. You can configure the Microsoft 365 connector using your own single-tenant app. This offers two kinds of authentication:
    • You can use similar credentials to the first case of the Flexera-supplied app
    • Importantly, you can instead configure a client secret that, for the lifetime that you declare, can be used to collect the appropriate data (without using additional credentials).

To avoid client credentials, you might consider the last option here to use a client secret.

Start on the following page for information about configuration options: Connecting to Microsoft 365 > Prerequisites and Configuration Considerations

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)