cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inventory Data upload failure

Hello,

When I try to upload a template to On-Prem FNMS 2021 R1, it throws the following error:

Access to the server path "~/App_Data/UploadTemp/" is denied. The reason might be due to lack of permissions to write files in this (or parent) folder.

The user is a local administrator, the application server is the same as the batch server. MSMQ is enabled. I tried the suggestions posted here: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Can-not-Upload-Purchase-Data/td-p/203564 , but as I mentioned, the user is local admin, DataImportDirectory registry key is set to C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Flexnet Manager platform\DataImport\ , and the folder is empty.

I also checked this guide : https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Purchase-Order-upload-connection-diagnosis/ta-p/153537, fnmsbatchprocessincoming doesn't receive any message.

Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

thegedus

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The "~/App_Data/UploadTemp/" path referred to in this message is probably going to map to something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Data\UploadTemp on the application server. Is it possible that this path is somehow locked down in your environment so that it cannot be written to?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The "~/App_Data/UploadTemp/" path referred to in this message is probably going to map to something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Data\UploadTemp on the application server. Is it possible that this path is somehow locked down in your environment so that it cannot be written to?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Exactly, that was the problem. Despite my account is an administrator, I had to manually assign rights to access UploadTemp folder.

Thank you,

thegedus