cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Exclusion showing up in All Evidence

I placed inventory system exemption in Discovery and Inventory > Settings > Inventory Settings and these paths are still showing up in License Compliance > Evidence > All Evidence. If they are systematically exempted, any clue why they are showing up in all evidence? Thanks, 

Kelly H

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Existing evidence recognition rule that have been automatically created based on previously imported inventory won't be removed automatically - you would need to do that yourself.

You should find the actual inventory details associated with these paths (i.e. the relationship between a file and computer(s) it is found on) gets removed though once the device returns inventory that does not include the file details anymore.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Chris . Thank you for your reply. I think we are talking about 2 different things. I have exempted file paths in inventory settings (Discovery & Inventory > Settings > Inventory Settings > Excluded File Evidence (Windows / Linux). When I look in All Evidence (License Compliance > Evidence > All Evidence > File Evidence > Path) I see those same paths that were exempted in Inventory Settings. 

Why do I see a file path in all evidence when it is exempted in inventory settings?

I'm taking a guess here that the file evidence was collected before you created the exclusion rule?

--Mark