cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent server host ID in:

I'm trying to consolidate my Flex-based licenses into lmadmin and was having decent success until recently. I've got two licenses running successfully but am unable to get the third and fourth running.

When I goto the Vendor Daemon Configuration page and try to import the license, I receive the following error:

Inconsistent server host ID in: licenses\ARCGIS\ARCINFO9.lic

I'm having the same problem with another product. Both products have recent enough daemons (11.4.1) and the license files are formatted the same as the other licenses I'm already running. I've verified that the hostid is correct so many times it's not even funny.

I can't find any worthwhile documentation on this problem. The only thing it says in any manual is "Verify that the hostid is correct in the license file and matches that which is returned by lmhostid.".

I'd prefer to utilize lmadmin to manage as many licenses as possible due to the ease of use and the need for fewer holes in my firewalls.

Does anyone have any experience with this matter that could offer some tips? Is Acresso even on these forums? Would someone there be able to chime in? I can't get into the Acresso support site since you're supposed to get support for problems like this from the software vendor. All they tell me is "Use the solution we provide you" which would end up with me running tens of lmgrds and corresponding daemons.

-At wits end
(9) Replies
lrsatlanta:
If you're still in need of a solution and monitoring this thread, let me know. I had the same issue and figured it out today. I just finished writing a long response to you, clicked preview, and the forum told me to log in again. When I did, my reply was gone. If you're still interested in a fix, I'd be happy to rewrite it for you.
I'm having the same problem with multiple applications. If you could provide the instructions you used to fix it I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Anybody have a solution?
Still looking for a solution to this. Anyone have some tips and/or updates?
It would appear that part of the issue with this is that if the MAC address is present on the SERVER line, it must be in ALL CAPS. At least that fixed one of my licenses (minitab).
Hello akprice

We are facing similar issue with host parameter in SERVER line if real IP is used.

Error message is shown: "Inconsistent server host name in:"

If you have found solution for hostID maybe it will be suitable for host parameter also. Could you share your discoveries?

Thank you,
Saulius P.
😞 Same, still looking for a solution to this. Anyone have some tips and/or updates? noi that fami | noi that 190
Did setting the HOSTID (MAC address) to ALL CAPS help? That did the trick for me.
Oh, i have same problem, anyone have tips and tutorial??? It's difficult to find solutions for this 😞