Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import subnets and assign to a beacon

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello,

Is there any short cut or automated way to import a list of subnets and assign to a beacon. We have 3000+ subnets which are not appearing in "unassigned subnets" page but need to create all of them and assign to a beacon

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

(1) Solution
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You'll need to stage your data to a DB, e.g. by using a business import. Then you can transform it using SQL and store it to a temp table. From there you can use existing stored procedures to consume the data. Stored procedures would be:

• SiteAddBatch (if you need to create multiple sites)
  • SiteSubnetAddBatch (if you need to create multiple subnets, you'll need to refer to the existing sites)
  • BeaconSiteSubnetMappingAddBatch (if you need to map multiple subnets to beacons)

Please refer to each procedures source code to see the data and format required.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

You'll need to stage your data to a DB, e.g. by using a business import. Then you can transform it using SQL and store it to a temp table. From there you can use existing stored procedures to consume the data. Stored procedures would be:

• SiteAddBatch (if you need to create multiple sites)
  • SiteSubnetAddBatch (if you need to create multiple subnets, you'll need to refer to the existing sites)
  • BeaconSiteSubnetMappingAddBatch (if you need to map multiple subnets to beacons)

Please refer to each procedures source code to see the data and format required.

Best regards,

Markward

Thank you @mfranz 

I shall try this solution !!

Hi @mfranz 

When I restored 2017R3 database (compliance and dataware house) during the migration to 2019R1, I was assuming all the existing sites/subnets (auto created and manually created) would also be restored to 2019R1.

But it did not happen. I can see 3500+ subnets were present in 2017R3, but after migration to 2019R3, I can see around 2000 subnets only.  Any reason for that?

If it needs to be done manually again, would you please don't mind sharing a script, as I'm not that expert on SQL.

Hi Rajesh,

Without the specific data set it is rather difficult to understand what happened to your subnet data and why. If you consider the loss of data during migration an issue, you should consider opening a case.

Managing not only, but also subnet and site data should be considered an ongoing process. For it to be efficient and reliable, you should be able to answer fundamental questions, like:

• What is my goal/what do i need to achieve?
  • What is my data source?
    • Is it reliable? Or, perhaps, do I need additional data to enrich my source?
    • Maybe: How are the processes to create the data (to understand their impact on you)?
    • Are there dependencies on other imports/sources?
  • What do I need to CREATE in FNMS?
  • What do I need to UPDATE in FNMS?
  • What do I need to DELETE from FNMS?

TL;DR: If you rely on site and subnet data, you should think about an automated process to get it updated regularly.

Best regards,

Markward

Hello,

Where can I find these stored procedures? And is there any related documents for FNMS 2021R1 on-premises?

@anhpham1652 

The stored procedures mentioned above can be found in the Stored Procedures folder of the Compliance database (named FNMP in below screen shot):Capture.PNG

Thanks,