cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms application evidence inquiry !

Hi Members, 

Need your help on application - IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatform. In a recent observation we see this application reporting installation in a lot of our MacBook's from Flexera, as this a commercial software we checked on this compliance and checked with few end users, which turned out its not actually installed on their macs. Not sure if its a system apps from apple store ?

After checking the installer evidence its seems there's an incorrect evidence mapped to this application. 

Evidence name is : SystemAutomation 

Version : 1

Type : OS X App

Can somebody check on this evidence and application? if this is a bug are we working on its fix ?

(1) Solution

Hello,

The issue relating to IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatform has been taken care of.  I hope this has been resolved to your satisfaction.

The details are available in the related case.

Many thanks!

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

I am seeing a similar sudden occurrence of  IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatform appearing on Macs.

Simon

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The best way to reach somebody at Flexera with a query/concern like this it to raise a case through Flexera Support who will be able to engage the relevant folk to take a look. In this instance I've raised this thread to the attention of the Flexera Content team so somebody can investigate.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello, a Flexera evidence is an error:

- ignore it (that  the only action client can do with Flexera evidence). It will no more be effective.

- open a case

Regards.

One point to elaborate a little more: marking an evidence rule as "ignored" does not actually stop it from being used for recognition if the rule is linked to an application. To stop it being used for recognition you need to arrange to unlink the evidence. The the link is part of the ARL data published by Flexera, then the only way you can do that is to reach out to Flexera and discuss making that change in the published data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks for the responses. I have opened a ticket with the Content team.

Hello,

The issue relating to IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatform has been taken care of.  I hope this has been resolved to your satisfaction.

The details are available in the related case.

Many thanks!

@porkypig, I see the evidence is now ignored and is unmapped from app IBM Trivoli now, so good for me. 

Thanks for the resolution. @SimonCWitts  Hope you see the changes at your end too?