cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ Release Type - LTS or CD?

Hi all,

I have have been asked if FNMS can identify which IBM MQ release type has been installed. Which deployments are LTS and which are CD. Current version is 2020 R2 but we are due to upgrade shortly just in case it affects your responses.

I haven't been able to find anything through my internet and community forum searches. I can only find reference about the blue rectangles via this IBM support page - https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-mq-faq-long-term-support-and-continuous-delivery-releases 

Does anybody know what I can use either in the file evidence or elsewhere to identify which is which?

Many thanks,

Geoff

(1) Solution

I wonder whether those values in parentheses are MQ installation names that the ARL has been configured to recognize.

I'm not seeing anything obvious in the evidence there that would help to identify the deployment type sorry. It looks like the different types of deployments may look exactly the same from. If that's the case then I can't think of any way to automatically distinguish them.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't know enough about IBM MQ to help with knowing what differences there might be in evidence gathered by your inventory tool from a computer that has an LTS deployment vs a computer with a CD deployment. However if there is a difference, you may be able to identify that by looking at data that appears on the All Evidence page in the web portal:

• Look on the Installer evidence tab for installer evidence related to MQ.
  • If you can identify any filenames which vary based on the type of deployment, look for them on the File evidence tab.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi ChrisG,

Thanks for the reply. I can see potential evidence in there as there are references to LTS and CD; however, none has been discovered. As we have plenty of MQ 9 installed I would expect to see either or both types of evidence being returned.

Kind regards,

Geoff

I wonder whether those values in parentheses are MQ installation names that the ARL has been configured to recognize.

I'm not seeing anything obvious in the evidence there that would help to identify the deployment type sorry. It looks like the different types of deployments may look exactly the same from. If that's the case then I can't think of any way to automatically distinguish them.