cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run an Inventory System from the command Line?

Looking through the system reference articles, but unable to find a clear breakdown of the command and the related variables.
(1) Solution

Yes, ndtrack is the component that can be executed on an individual client computer to gather hardware and software inventory from that computer.

To perform an import of inventory from a system such as SCCM or Casper, use a command like the following in a cmd shell window on your batch server to queue a job to perform the import:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe" run InventoryImport -- -s """Your-Connection-Name"""

Note the triple quotes which are required around the inventory source connection name.

Alternatively, if you can manually ensure no other process is running at the same time that may conflict with your import and you want to run it immediately under your logged on account (i.e. not via the batch job queue):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ComplianceReader.exe" -it ReadersAndWriters -s "Your-Connection-Name"
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out the section headed ndtrack Command Line in the Gathering FlexNet Inventory PDF guide.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hello, I would use ndtrack for Inventory Agent-related inventory, yes? I'm looking for a way to single out Casper or SCCM as an inventory system to save the time of running a full import.

Yes, ndtrack is the component that can be executed on an individual client computer to gather hardware and software inventory from that computer.

To perform an import of inventory from a system such as SCCM or Casper, use a command like the following in a cmd shell window on your batch server to queue a job to perform the import:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe" run InventoryImport -- -s """Your-Connection-Name"""

Note the triple quotes which are required around the inventory source connection name.

Alternatively, if you can manually ensure no other process is running at the same time that may conflict with your import and you want to run it immediately under your logged on account (i.e. not via the batch job queue):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\DotNet\bin\ComplianceReader.exe" -it ReadersAndWriters -s "Your-Connection-Name"