cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Cleanup Old Machines in FNMS

Hi Team, I have a concern in FNMS with regards Cleaning of machines which are not in use( Out of data Inventory). When I am trying to clean up these machines it is pulling back again the same machines. Please help me how I have to clean up these machines permanently from FNMS. Thanks Vamshi Dudyala
(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The new capability discussed in the following post provides a new (better) way of deleting records about computers that have not returned inventory for some time: Auto-cleanup of Obsolete FlexNet Inventory.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(10) Replies
ChrisG
Community Manager

FlexNet works hard to accurately reflect the inventory data that is in your inventory data source(s). So deleting inventory device records in FlexNet typically won't do much that is interesting if you don't also arrange to delete the underlying computer records in the source inventory databases. How you go about that will depend on what inventory source(s) you have.

The following thread is related to this topic and may provide some more insight for you too: Deleting old inventory records

Another operation that may be helpful here is to set the status on unwanted inventory device records to Ignored. This may be appropriate to do if you are unable (for some reason) to delete the computer from the underlying inventory source(s).

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hey ChrisG, 

Thank you for your response. 

Product version we are using is FlexNet Manager Suite 2015 R2 SP5 in which we didn't have  "dbo.ComputerResourceData " table mentioned in that, Can you please help us on these. 

Thanks 

Vamshi Dudyala

@VamshiI236 - I have updated the answer in the other discussion thread I referenced above to include a version of the script which I expect will work for your FlexNet version. If you get a chance to try it out, please reply here to let us know whether it works.

Hey thanks for the quick response. 

AccessDate >= @OldestDataDate Line no 51 in table InventoryReport , shall I comment this line and execute?? 

Yes, you can safely comment out the line referring to AccessDate in the InventoryReport table if that column does not exist in the FlexNet version that you are using. (I don't know what version that column was added.)

Thanks ChrisG It Worked !! Appreciate your quick response when ever I raised a doubt.

Hey Hi ChrisG 

It Worked !! 

Thanks for your help. 

Hi ChrisG,

Hope you are doing good!!

Need some clarity on the Flexera client tool, My doubt is 

Will Flexera automatically discover systems not running Flexera an install?  Or, do we need to do something to push Flexera client to specific systems?

Thanks in advance 

Vamshi Dudyala 

@selvamgt - You can configure details under the Discovery & Inventory > Discovery > Discovery and Inventory Rules menu option to discover devices on the network in specified IP address ranges. However using FlexNet to do this in real world complex networks can be difficult, and you may find it better to use other mechanisms for identifying "unknown" devices in the network and ensuring the FlexNet agent is deployed to all relevant devices.

ChrisG
Community Manager

The new capability discussed in the following post provides a new (better) way of deleting records about computers that have not returned inventory for some time: Auto-cleanup of Obsolete FlexNet Inventory.