cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexnet application server issue after upgrading OS from 2012 to 2016

After completing a OS upgrade from 2012 to 2016, the Flexnet 2020 R2 application is non responsive.

It seems to be a ISS possibly web.config issue.

Has anyone got an experience with this?

Any help is appreciated.

The database OS upgraded fine.

(1) Solution

Issue was with Web.config missing a entry.

The error was fixed by adding entry to System Folder\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\Web.config

Add --> <add assembly="System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Server Engineer found fix from:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22822406/build-error-you-must-add-a-reference-to-system-runtime

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Please share IIS logs & error snap.

Screenshot of error attached.

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0012: The type 'System.Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Source Error:

Line 180: publc BusinessAdapterRegistration this[string adapterSubdirectory]
Line 181: {
Line 182: get { return this.Where(r => r.AdapterSubdirectory == adapterSubdirectory).FirstOrDefault(); }
Line 183: }
Line 184:}

Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Code\BusinessAdapterRegistrations.cs Line: 182

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

In-place migration sounds like a terrible idea. Have you tried re-running the configuration script?

Tried that did not work. Slow server was caused by SCCM agent, System Engineer resolved it.

I get Compilation Error now.

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0012: The type 'System.Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'.

Source Error:

Line 180: public BusinessAdapterRegistration this[string adapterSubdirectory]
Line 181: {
Line 182: get { return this.Where(r => r.AdapterSubdirectory == adapterSubdirectory).FirstOrDefault(); }
Line 183: }
Line 184:}

Source File: c:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\App_Code\BusinessAdapterRegistrations.cs Line: 182

I concur with @mfranz here - upgrading an OS in place is unlikely to be a recipe for easy success. The errors you're seeing here feel like they are related to the OS being upgraded, but configuration of various components still being set up for the old OS. I can't think of any reliable or robust way to work out what you may need to reconfigure in terms of software that is installed, or how to go about doing that reconfiguration, in order to get an operational system.

I would really recommend starting from a fresh OS install, and then install FlexNet Manager Suite prerequisites and components on top of that.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi,

Could you verify the latest .Net version is installed on your server? I had similar issues and had to install a newer .Net version

Stefan

Issue was with Web.config missing a entry.

The error was fixed by adding entry to System Folder\Flexera Software\FlexNet Manager Platform\WebUI\Web.config

Add --> <add assembly="System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Server Engineer found fix from:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22822406/build-error-you-must-add-a-reference-to-system-runtime